Flipkart dominates mobile commerce in India: Report

Flipkart dominates mobile commerce in India: Report

Flipkart on Wednesday announced that it has continued its dominance of mobile commerce in India. Citing a report by analytics firm SimilarWeb, the e-commerce company is claimed to have captured 47 percent of share of visits in the mobile commerce space in December 2015.

The report shows that the combined traffic share of Flipkart and Myntra stands at 63 percent, while Amazon India stands at the third position with 15.86 percent followed by Snapdeal with about 14 percent.

In terms of total app installs, the report by SimilarWeb claims that 37 percent of the total Android smartphone base in the country is captured by Flipkart app. When combined with Myntra, the total app install base reaches to 47 percent of the total Android smartphones in the country. Rivals including Amazon India and Snapdeal are claimed to jointly have less than half of Flipkart’s install base with 18 percent share each.

Flipkart dominates mobile commerce in India

SimilarWeb report shows Flipkart’s dominance of mobile commerce in India

Flipkart, in a press note, says that the Indian e-tail market “is overwhelmingly mobile dominated” with around 70 percent traffic coming from mobile devices. Desktop computers, on the other hand, contributes to nearly 30 percent of the total traffic and the share is declining rapidly.

Bengaluru-based Flipkart clocks over 10 million daily visits, and over 75 percent of its total traffic comes from mobile devices. The company recently launched mobile-centric features such as Ping, Image search and Flipkart Lite web app to grow further in the mobile space.

Categories: Miscellenous News