Facebook takes on Twitter, introduced Trending to find popular conversations
In a new mood to compete Twitter, Facebook today announced Trending. Facebook Trending is the new section, available in News Feed, to provide topics on interesting and relevant conversations across the social network.
Facebook Trending, similar to Twitter trending topics, is the section available on the top-right of the News Feed which gives a list of topics that have recently spiked in popularity. As the social network is personalised in every aspect, the topics available in the list are available as a combination on the basis of the users interests as well as what is trending across Facebook. Each topic is accompanied by a headline that briefly explains why it is trending.
Users can get into a topic by clicking on a headline from the list and take a look at the most interesting posts from their friends or Pages that are talking about that particular topic.
Facebook has started rolling out the Trending section on web in select countries and it is also going to continue to test on mobile. Some improvements are also likely to be available soon after its availability across the globe.
- Facebook introduces ‘On This Day’ to give users a nostalgic vibe on past memories
- Facebook to create a new experience for blind and visually impaired users
- Facebook could release Twitter-like app to offer breaking news alerts
- Facebook user base hit 1.44 billion in Q1 2015, but income slips
- Facebook News Feed to start considering time you spend on each story