Facebook for iOS updates to version 6.2, brings status icons and new features
Facebook for iOS recently updated to version 6.2. The new update has a number of bug fixes and there are new features which makes Facebook app better on any iOS device. The updated Facebook app brings status icons and other new features with some privacy inputs.
Facebook has added a new option to add icons or emoticons in the status updates to share the feeling while posting a status. Users can now choose an icon from a number of emoticons to share what they are feeling, reading, watching and more. The option to add icons is currently available in English.
Besides adding of icons in status updates, users can now start a new conversation by tapping on an earlier received picture in messages. The new version Facebook also has a new privacy tweak. Users can now easily change the sharing space of their posts. There are three options as “you”, “friends” or “public” through which users choose their sharing space for their new posts and updates.
So these are some new changes that Facebook has made in the new Facebook for iOS version 6.2. Users can now download the latest Facebook app for their iOS devices by going through Apple App Store. As Facebook has recently adds hashtags, we believe that soon hashtags support will be available in Facebook for iOS and Android as well.
- Facebook Messenger now lets users explicitly send maps to share locations
- Facebook’s Rooms updated with ability to let users add photos, videos to comments
- Facebook introduces Ads Manager for Android, iOS and mobile web to manage ads
- Facebook introduces ‘On This Day’ to give users a nostalgic vibe on past memories
- Google Drive for Android now supports drag-and-drop of files and folders